Immigration is a serious matter, let us handle it for you....seriously

Federal Skilled Workers

Federal skilled workers (FSW) are those applicants who are selected by the Canadian government as permanent residents based on their education, work experience, knowledge of English and/or French, and a few other criteria that have been shown to help them become economically established in Canada.

For Professionals who intend to immigrate to Canada as skilled workers they should meet the selection criteria but before that they must

  • Have at least one year of experience in one of the occupations that are in the designated list OR
  • have a valid offer of arranged employment, OR
  • be an international student enrolled in a PhD program in Canada (or graduated from a Canadian PhD program within the past 12 months)

Apart from the above mentioned category no other applications are being accepted.

As of December 2013 Government of Canada has announced a new category  “Skilled Trades Stream”

Skilled Worker Program

This stream includes applicants who have skilled trades experience. To qualify under this scheme the applicants must

  • have an offer of employment in Canada or a certificate of qualification from a province or territory
  • meet a basic language requirement;
  • have a minimum of two years of work experience as a skilled trades person and
  • have the skills and experience that match those set out in the National Occupational Classification (NOC B) system.

To discuss more about the skilled worker program and to learn more about you qualifying under this program please talk to one of our experts